virtual memory/cache hitrate problem

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Wed May 20 15:12:53 CEST 2009

In message <C63661F4.13248%lukas.loesche at bertelsmann.de>, "Loesche, Lukas, scoy
o" writes:

>It looks like varnish hits the container's memory limit, purges all memory
>and all objects from the store and starts from the beginning.

I suspect you run into the LRU purging (and it sounds like it has a bug).

You don't say if your 30GB is 30M 1k objects or 3M 10k object, but
you need to be aware that there is a per-object overhead (you can
trim this somewhat down with the obj_workspace paramter), so 50GB
may not be enough to hold 30GB of objects.