Varnish stuck on stresstest/approved by real traffic

Rogério Schneider stockrt at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 22:30:40 CET 2009

Václav,

That is good to know that you have also experienced better performance
with patch from ticket 492.

I am replying this e-mail just to endorse your scenario. I have
already been in the same circumstance of Varnish getting stuck after a
bigger wave of simultaneous users.

What I did to solve the problem? Put more machines.

That would be great if we find the answer for this problem together.

About the unpatched version, I was not able to see if freeze like the
patched one because it hangs with another error before we can reach a
maximum of simultaneous users, like in this report:
http://varnish.projects.linpro.no/ticket/573
This problem by itself was what lead me to make this patch/port for
epoll acceptor, since I use linux.

Regards,
Rogério Schneider