Varnish virtual memory usage

Henry Paulissen h.paulissen at qbell.nl
Thu Nov 5 01:46:02 CET 2009

I know it is really bad thing to don't have keep-alive.
But our load balancer / failover software isn't supporting it
(http://haproxy.1wt.eu/).

Our traffic goes as follows:
Through round robin dns data is sent to 1 of 2 dedicated haproxy servers.
In haproxy there are 6 varnish servers defined.

Haproxy chooses on round robin (and on availability) the dedicated varnish
server he wants to sent the data to.

So all our static traffic is distributed to 6 dedicated varnish servers.
As I can see from memory usage and cpu load, this behavior isn't stressing
them.