Cookies being sent back with a cached response

Rob S rtshilston at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 18:39:12 CEST 2009

Cosimo Streppone wrote:

> Thank you for reading through this, I would
> appreciate any help from you or hints on how to further
> debug this.

Cosimo,

I'd suggest you add the varnish ID in the Apache log files (or similar),
then wait for a user to report the problem.  Once they've reported it,
work out what their user id should be, find their access in the varnish
logs, and play back the log file to see the back end request.  Hopefully
this'll narrow it down.

If the user id is available in a cookie, then you could write some
javascript to detect the situation that the image URL doesn't match the
user id in the cookie, and then log extra information into a logging script.

You'll end up kicking yourself once you find the problem....  we
certainly have on occasion.

Just a few ideas.

Rob