Cookies being sent back with a cached response

Tollef Fog Heen tfheen at redpill-linpro.com
Thu Oct 8 10:21:48 CEST 2009

]] "Cosimo Streppone"

[...]

| Then looking at varnishlog output, and grepping for "Cookie",
| I saw this (unrelated?):
|
|   90 TxHeader     b Cookie: session=bf6ac86feaed6b23bef66a8f44097eac42cf24
|
| How can this ever happen?
| The backends that serve the request never output cookies, and even if they
| did, it would be "Set-Cookie:" anyway... I'm confused.

This means Varnish is sending a header (TxHeader) to the backend (b),
with a Cookie: session=… set.  Anything received from a backend is
RxHeader and b.

I would guess at you having something, somewhere setting an erronous
domain-wide cookie.  Possibly in Javascript.

--
Tollef Fog Heen
Redpill Linpro -- Changing the game!