varnish 2.0.4 questions - no IMS, no persistence cache - please help

GaneshKumar Natarajan itisgany at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 22:13:25 CET 2009

> Does it work if you run it with multiple -s arguments that are each
> smaller?  Can you paste the output of ulimit -a?

Yes, am able to start with multiple -s mmap option.
-s file,/squid/cache1,60G \
-s file,/squid/cache2,60G \
-s file,/squid/cache3,60G \
-s file,/squid/cache4,60G \

if total exceeds 340G, issue is seen.

ulimit -a

core file size          (blocks, -c) 0
pending signals                 (-i) 1024
max locked memory       (kbytes, -l) 32
open files                      (-n) 65535
pipe size            (512 bytes, -p) 8
POSIX message queues     (bytes, -q) 819200
stack size              (kbytes, -s) 10240
max user processes              (-u) 278528

On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 4:12 AM, Tollef Fog Heen
<tfheen at redpill-linpro.com> wrote:
> ]] GaneshKumar Natarajan
>
> | Thanks  Tollef Fog Heen for the response.
> | > This looks weird.  Can you tell us something about what OS and kernel
> | > versions you are running?
> |
> | Please find the details below. Let me know what i could try to
> | increase mmap storage from my current limitation of 340 G.
> | details:
>
> Does it work if you run it with multiple -s arguments that are each
> smaller?  Can you paste the output of ulimit -a?
>
> --
> Tollef Fog Heen
> Redpill Linpro -- Changing the game!
> t: +47 21 54 41 73