Content-Range header problem

Nathan Kinkade nkinkade at creativecommons.org
Wed Sep 16 19:36:00 CEST 2009

On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 1:29 PM, Kristian Lyngstol
<kristian at redpill-linpro.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 01:16:20PM -0400, Nathan Kinkade wrote:
>> For some reason Varnish (2.0.4) doesn't seem to be respecting the
>> Content-Range header, so our users are unable to resume large
>> downloads that somehow got interrupted.  Is this expected and normal
>> behavior, or should this work?  Do we need to add a rule in vcl_recv
>> that passes any incoming requests containing a Content-Range header
>> directly to the backend?
>
> We currently do not have support for range-headers, so you'll have to pipe
> these requests. Note that pass wont do the trick, since it'll still be
> "cached"/buffered in varnish (but immediately discarded).

Thanks.  The resolution is simple, but I just wanted to be sure.

files, we haven't been doing it explicitly or on purpose ... it was
just happening by default.  We didn't have any explicit rules
directories or files, though we may shortly after I finish this email.
:-)

Thanks again,

Nathan