varnish with ssl

Per Buer perbu at varnish-software.com
Wed Apr 7 21:38:17 CEST 2010

On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 8:01 PM, Michael Fischer <michael at dynamine.net> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 7:00 AM, Per Buer <perbu at varnish-software.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 2:47 PM, Gerhard Schmidt <schmidt at ze.tum.de> wrote:
>>>
>>> Are there plans to include ssl in varnish directly or is there a setup to
>>> retain this information.
>>
>> At the moment, no. One problem is that we would need a proper SSL
>> library under an acceptable licence. Such a library is not available,
>> atm.
>
> What's the incompatibility with OpenSSL?

The licence is wildly incompatible with the two-clause BSD licence. If
I recall correctly they still have this horrid advertising clause
(ugh!). We have jumped through a number of hoops to get exceptions for
each file we have in Varnish that had an advertising clause in it.

--
Per Buer,  Varnish Software
Phone: +47 21 54 41 21 / Mobile: +47 958 39 117 / skype: per.buer