server name in config?

Angelo Höngens A.Hongens at netmatch.nl
Mon Apr 12 18:47:18 CEST 2010

Hey,

Is there a way to use fields in the VCL like the current server's name? I'd like to output some extra header in the response like 'X-Varnish-host: balancer1.domain.local' or something like that, and use the balancer hostname in the custom error message I've created.

(I could of course change the config for each balancers, but I'd like to keep one single config for all balancer nodes, easier to copy around and such.)

If this is not possible, please consider it a feature request ;) Thanks in advance.

--

With kind regards,

Angelo Höngens

Systems Administrator