Caching based on POST data

Erik Cederstrand erik at cederstrand.dk
Wed Apr 28 16:13:21 CEST 2010

Hi list

I'm new to Varnish. I host a web application (which is otherwise not in my control) which basically shows the timetable for school classes on a number of schools. It does this (and don't ask me why) by mixing a POST and GET request to pass the parameters needed to show the correct timetable. So, e.g. the users visits the URL  /Timetable.jsp/school=MySchool which contains a form. The user then selects the class in a form, which is then sent to the server as a POST request to Timetable.jsp/school=MySchool.

I want to cache these timetable views using Varnish. But is there any way to access the POST body in Varnish, so I can append the school and class ID's to the req.hash and fetch the correct cached object afterwards?

Thanks,
Erik