Maintenance mode, or multiple backends but just one used

Cosimo Streppone cosimo at streppone.it
Thu Dec 2 10:13:52 CET 2010

On Thu, 02 Dec 2010 10:05:23 +0100, Bedis 9 <bedis9 at gmail.com> wrote:

> First of all, your backend is labelled "oops" while in your error it
> says "Unused backend oopsy". (there is a Y at the end...), maybe a
> typo?

Sorry. The name is correct. I typed the log instead of copy/pasting.

> Second, you can use "restarts" and "backend.healthy" properties of a
> request to detect a failure and switch to your "oops" backend.

I decided to not enable health checks yet, because 2.0.4
doesn't have ".initial", and this will cause a black out period
when restarting the service.

Yes, we do reload, but sometimes we want a full restart,
and having a 5/10/15 seconds down is not really cool.

So, IIUC, what you are saying that I need to actually use
all the backends I define.

--
Cosimo