Varnish storage

linuxsupport lin.support at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 10:59:11 CET 2010

Hi,

I am new to Varnish, I like the features, currently I am testing it on
development environment.

We have 800+ web site so huge contents. I have 500Gb storage and 24 GB
memory on each server total 3 servers - Dual Quad Core Xeon.

Can I use 20 GB of memory and 500 GB of disk as cache storage? (ie. -s
malloc,20G -s file,/lv2/v_cache/varnish_storage.bin
Does Both memory and file storage work together?

Is it good idea to have single file of 500GB for  cache? or should I split
it as 500/3? ( In know Varnish does not pre allocate the space).

Thanks