Server Not Responding

Hettwer, Marian mhettwer at team.mobile.de
Mon Dec 13 13:31:31 CET 2010

On 13.12.10 13:24, "Tom Coady" <tom.coady at gmail.com> wrote:

>On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 12:12, Hettwer, Marian <mhettwer at team.mobile.de>
>wrote:
>
>$ more /etc/varnish/default.vcl
>backend default {
>set backend.host = "127.0.0.1";
>set backend.port = "8080";
>}
>
>That doesn't make sense. You tell varnish to use the backend at localhost
>8080, where as seen above, its varnish.
>

>$ more  /etc/default/varnish NFILES=131072
>INSTANCE=$(uname -n)
>#
>DAEMON_OPTS="-a :6081 \
>             -T localhost:6082 \
>         -b localhost:8080 \
>         -u varnish -g varnish \
>         -s file,/var/lib/varnish/$INSTANCE/varnish_storage.bin,1G"
>
>Should I s/8080/80 ?

Erm. You are using debian here,right?
I would kick out the option -b localhost:8080 completely.

Then go to /etc/varnish/default.vcl and change "set backend.port = 8080"
to "set backend.port = 80".

Afterwards, start using the debian startup scripts, or if you must, start
it manually with "sudo varnishd -f /etc/varnish/default.vcl -s malloc,1G
-T 127.0.0.1:2000 -a 0.0.0.0:8080"

regards,
Marian

PS.: Apologies to everyone using a decent MUA. Mine at work is Outlook for
Mac and obviously it gets quoting completely wrong. Arrgh. What a pain.