cookies

Stefan Pommerening pom at dmsp.de
Mon Dec 13 16:31:48 CET 2010

Am 13.12.2010 09:46, schrieb andan andan:
> 2010/12/10 Vitaly Burshteyn<vburshteyn at broadway.com>:
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> We use cookies to test if it's a returning visitor or not.  Is there any
>> way to force a lookup on varnish if a specific cookie is present?
> http://www.varnish-cache.org/docs/2.1/reference/vcl.html
>
> Look at "..how to force Varnish to cache documents even when cookies
> are present::"

Just to point you in the right direction (although reading the reference
documents _is_ necessary, too):

in vcl_recv:
(example)
if (req.request == "GET" && req.http.cookie && req.http.cookie ~
"<regex>") {
    [ normalize cookie for reasonable caching / reduce variations (lower
number of objects in cache) ]
    return (lookup);