Streaming pass/fetch

André Øien Langvand andre.oien.langvand at aspiro.com
Mon Dec 6 14:02:25 CET 2010

Hi,

In regards to the note
http://www.varnish-cache.org/trac/wiki/PostTwoShoppingList#a12.Streamingpassfetch,
are there any updates on when we could expect this to be implemented?

We are looking for the best way to set up caching nodes for our streamed
media (music), currently considering Varnish on boxes with 96gb ram and
300gb SSD for backing file. Seems to do the job extremely well, besides the
fact that Varnish needs to fetch the whole file from backend before serving
it.

As far as I can see, nginx with ncache would be the best alternative as of
today, however, as far as what me and my friend Google can tell, ncache
doesn't seem stable enough for production.

André