Refreshing modified content

Paulo Paracatu paulo at aliancaproject.com
Thu Dec 16 21:09:01 CET 2010

Hi. I'm trying Varnish on my servers, and so far I'm quite happy with it.
But I have a little problem: I uploaded an image, hit it in my browser, then
I modified it and reuploaded it, and tried to hit it again, and the cache
serves the old image. It does not serve the new image until the ttl (120s)
is expired.

I tried the "VCLExampleEnableForceRefresh", but the varnish-cache is only
refreshed with ctrl-f5/no-cache header. Is this the normal behavior of
varnish, or is it possible to 'revalidate' the cached content with the
backend?

PS: My browser's cache is disabled.

Thanks