Refreshing modified content

Matthew Hoopes matthew.hoopes at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 05:28:36 CET 2010

Although it does seem a little crazy, we set up a little job (with the
proper ssh keys and such) to automatically call out to our proxy boxes and
"manually" purge the cache on any image upload. It wasn't really huge
overhead or anything, and it really worked like a champ. That way, you can
set the TTL pretty high, and when the file is replaced, it shows up right
away.

I personally like auto-ssh to the proxy and use netcat to call to the admin
interface instead of using the PURGE HTTP call. It gives you regex control,
and you can control the hostname and path pretty specifically. YMMV, of
course.