Child panics on OpenSolaris

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Wed Feb 10 14:00:46 CET 2010

In message <282e72051002100305m5d7a0d1fj3a1afac6ea7dd633 at mail.gmail.com>, Paul
Wright writes:

Hi Paul,

We have a number of tickets on this issue already (626,615,588).

The problem is that EBADF return indicates that Varnish by mistake
has closed a file descriptor, that should still be open.

The alternative explanation, that Solaris can return EBADF because
the other end closed a TCP connection, does not seem to have any
support in Solaris documentation.

We are trying to get a Solaris box running so we can figure this
out once and for all.