Child panics on OpenSolaris

Michael Fischer michael at dynamine.net
Fri Feb 12 21:20:40 CET 2010

On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 10:26 AM, Poul-Henning Kamp <phk at phk.freebsd.dk>wrote:

I can find absolutely no trace of EBADF meaning "remote end closed"
> in the Solaris docs or other docs on the web, but that as far as I
> can tell that is indeed what happens here.

Source code is at http://src.opensolaris.org/source/ if you feel like
digging through it.

> If I had implemented the hack I suspect Solaris contains, I would
> have found some bit somewhere, to make sure the errno would be the
> correct, documented and expected:
>
>        #define ECONNRESET      54     /* Connection reset by peer */
>
> Somebody with a Solaris service contract, if such things still
> exist, should report this as a bug to them...

I have a feeling such a change will be nontrivial because TCP is implemented
under STREAMS under Solaris.  I don't intend to discourage anyone from
trying, though.

--Michael