Not seeing a successful purge

John Norman john at 7fff.com
Tue Feb 16 15:36:08 CET 2010

Thanks Ken, Laurence, and Tollef.

I'm going to add the normalization for gzip/deflate in vcl_recv

But for user-agent:

While my backend does say: "Vary: User-Agent" I do also have this in vcl_recv:

      unset req.http.user-agent;

Isn't that enough (i.e., if I unset req.http.user-agent in my VCL, can
I leave Vary: User-Agent on the backend)? I ask because it may be
problematic to fix the backend in this case.

We have no content that differs depending on the user agent.