Child panics on OpenSolaris

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Tue Feb 16 21:48:45 CET 2010

OK,

It took me a day to liberate a machine to install OpenSolaris on.

Then it took most of a day to remember why I really like FreeBSD
over Solaris.

Then I got distracted by the failing non-blocking connect to backends
and ran truss.

Then I found the root-cause of the problem.

We need CFLAGS to contain -mt on solaris, otherwise errno does not
get macro-fied to be per-thread.

That's where the: EBADF comes from, some entirely different
filedescriptor a long time ago, in the master process...

try:
	env CFLAGS=-mt sh configure