varnishncsa memory greedy sometimes?

Frank van Lingen frank at vanlingen.name
Sun Feb 21 18:40:19 CET 2010

I noticed that sometimes the varnishncsa process starts using
excessive amounts of memory. Effectively it allocates all available
(free) memory, It happens approximately once every two weeks (but
sometimes it takes longer for it to happen).
I do not see any unusual increase in traffic when it happens, nor
anything in /var/log/messages.

Is there a known memory leak in varnishncsa or can I limit the amount
of memory varnishncsa allocates for itself?
My current fix is to restart it once it reaches a memory threshold
Frank van Lingen
email : frank at vanlingen.name
VOIP (skype) : fvlingen
IM (yahoo,hotmail) : fvlingen