Varnish CLI user feedback, please.

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Wed Feb 24 19:37:45 CET 2010

I'm looking at the CLI/varnishadm stuff right now, and would like some
feedback from you guys...

Right now (in -trunk) we have these possible CLI configurations:

	A)  no CLI at all.

	B)  CLI on stdin (-d)

	C)  CLI on TELNET (-T)

	D)  CLI on "call-back" (-M)

If the -S option is given, -T/-M CLI connections will require
challenge/response authentication.

(Before 2.1, I plan to add -S support to varnishadm, and maybe some
API functions to access the CLI in libvarnishapi.)

Which of these modes do you actually use ?

Are more modes needed ?

Any other insights on the CLI interface ?