health check path doesn't change after VCL reload (2.0.6)

John Norman john at 7fff.com
Wed Feb 24 22:25:41 CET 2010

No, only the former / old path.

I'm not super-troubled right now because a Varnish restart did pick up the
new path (but at the cost of my cache) -- but I'm a bit worried about the
next time I have to change it.

I will be changing the probe interval soon, so that will give me a chance to
reproduce the problem, if it even exists.

As a bit of background:

I automate the VCL update to multiple servers, when/if the VCL file has
changed.

Before the update, I also remove all of the inactive/old VCL's that are
sitting there.

Then I add the new one and "use" it.

When I observed in my backend logs the probes going to the old URLs, I did
check the "active" VCL on all systems, and they all showed the new path.

In any case, I will try to reproduce and will send the results.

One last thing: During the restart on one system, I observed the issue
reported here:
http://zarathustrashallspeak.com/2009/11/28/varnish-startup-issue/

John