Architectural heads-up/call for comments

Tollef Fog Heen tfheen at redpill-linpro.com
Wed Jan 6 20:36:20 CET 2010

]] Rob S

| There's one other thing that I'd like people to comment / think about.
| We operate multiple varnish front ends, so that we can cope if one
| fails.  How do people distribute purges between them?

I know that wikia uses varnishhtcpd which can be found at
https://svn.wikia-code.com/utils/varnishhtcpd/ that uses multicast for
it.

Another option would be to use rabbitmq or similar.  We also have
varnish-cc which implements cache channels that we'll quite likely make
available once I get around to it and get permission.

--
Tollef Fog Heen
Redpill Linpro -- Changing the game!