varnish suddenly restarting / flushing itself after several hours?

Frank van Lingen frank at vanlingen.name
Sun Jan 10 13:05:43 CET 2010

Thanks David,

I do monitor the memory and cpu load but there seem to be no apparent
increase when this happens.

I should point out that I run this in on a hosted VPS but I am well
below their memory and cpu requirements.

Varnish does restart itself gracefully when this happens. I guess if
prefetching would be available in Varnish (from the information on the
varnish site I understood this is not yet available), this might
alleviate the problem except that for 2-3 seconds the site is
unreachable when it restarts itself (or when the child process is
restarted.

Frank.