Strange different behavior

Rob S rtshilston at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 16:14:11 CET 2010

Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
> In message <4B5080B4.5070407 at gmail.com>, Rob S writes:
>
>> Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
>>
>>> You really need to find out what bit of user-agent your backend
>>> cares about.  We are talking a multiplication factor of 100-1000 here
>>>
>> Very slightly off-topic, but is it possible to vary based on a cookie?
>> I'd rather leave one of our applications to process the user-agent,
>> login credentials etc, than to move that logic into Varnish.
>>

> I belive so, but the result will probably be that it varies on all your
> cookies...

In the 2010 road map, with the ability to extract particular cookies, do
you reckon we could do anything to make this work?  So, we'd set a
cookie called "RenderType", and then Varnish would key on that cookie
value?  In the short term, can we set the hash to be a combination of a
cookie value and host and URL?

Rob