sess_timeout not working in 2.0.6?

Simon Effenberg se at 5mm.de
Mon Jan 18 10:41:06 CET 2010

On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 10:25:22 +0100
Tollef Fog Heen <tfheen at redpill-linpro.com> wrote:

> ]] Simon Effenberg
>
> Hi,
>
> | Is there anything which was changed between 2.0.3 and 2.0.6 which can
> | cause this issue?
>
> It's an intentional change (see r4298).  What is the problem you are
> seeing?  As in, why is it a problem that it does not time out until you
> send data?

Yes sorry i didn't see this. I never heard about TCP_DEFER_ACCEPT so i
was wondering why the requests hangs around (not ESTABLISHED but with
another status). Now it's clear (the kernel seems to drop this half
established connections only if really many connections coming in
without sending any data).

Thx again.

--
B.Sc. Simon Effenberg

Software-Entwickler

5mm GmbH
Almstadtstraße 7
10119 Berlin

se at 5mm.de

5mm GmbH, Berlin / Amtsgericht Charlottenburg HRB 106932

Geschäftsführer: Christian Laase, Andreas Richter

This e-mail may contain confidential information. If you are not the
intended recipient please notify the sender immediately and destroy
this e-mail. Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of
the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.