feature request cache refresh

Tollef Fog Heen tfheen at redpill-linpro.com
Wed Jan 20 10:42:22 CET 2010

]] Martin Boer

| If anyone has a workable workaround to achieve the same results I'm very
| interested.
|
| The reason I would like this feature is because our webshop has almost
| hourly changing prices. This means we can't cache all related pages (or
| not for very long) and at the same time that the backends receive a
| requests they have to rebuild data from several databases which is slow.

You could just purge the pages that refer to a given product by doing
something like:

- Make sure all products on a page are listed in a X-Products header, so you have
  something like: X-Products: 123, 456, 789.
- When the price of product 123 changes, issue a
    purge obj.http.x-products ~ 123
- Magically, all relevant product pages should be purged.

--
Tollef Fog Heen
Redpill Linpro -- Changing the game!