Survey; how do you use Varnish?

Henry Paulissen henry at funix.nl
Fri Jan 29 19:38:30 CET 2010

1) 8 (All servers are serving from mem, big machines. 6 as frontend in
cluster and load balanced, 1 as between frontend varnish and backend
application server and 1 as backup)
2) ~250MB/s (through varnish). 2.5m visitors a day, 27m pageviews a day
(for the whole website, some content doesn't go through varnish).
3) Online Adult Entertainment (<-- porn).
4) nope

5.1) WCCP support!!!!
5.2) My feature request:
http://projects.linpro.no/pipermail/varnish-misc/2010-January/003636.html
5.3) Gzip support
5.4) VCL cookie handing
5.5) Synthetic content (I use error now, it doesn't bother me).

Henry