server.ip for "undoing" namevirtualhosts issues

Chris Hecker checker at d6.com
Mon Jul 12 10:45:59 CEST 2010

Okay, I'm trying this and it works.  I realized I don't have any
NameVirtualHost sites going through varnish right now, so I just stomp
the req.http.Host with the correct site name at the top, and that let me
remove all the www. stripping from the vcl_recv.  I did notice that
Host: is set by browsers even on numerical ips (due to HTTP/1.1 I
guess), so I think the right if is something like:

if(!req.http.host ||
    (req.http.host ~ "^[0-9]+\.[0-9]+\.[0-9]+\.[0-9]+$"))
{
	blah;
}

but I haven't tried that yet, since I realized I don't need it yet.
Does that look right?

Chris