does anyone successfully used persistent storage in varnish?

Marc Fournier marc.fournier at camptocamp.com
Thu Jul 22 11:30:08 CEST 2010

Hello,

> Sorry for such a general question. But seems it does not work just
> simply use the "-s persistent <filename>, <size>" when start.
> Is there something i am missing?
> Does anyone successfully used persistent storage in varnish?

Glad to see I'm not the only one having trouble using this feature :-)

There was this thread on the list a couple of weeks ago:
http://lists.varnish-cache.org/pipermail/varnish-misc/2010-June/004307.html

As I understand, it might work, depending on how and when the shutdown
of varnishd happens. But I have no clue how to stop it in a way which
would allow a successful reload of the existing cache at the next
start.

Marc