does anyone successfully used persistent storage in varnish?

3g fancy fancy3g at gmail.com
Fri Jul 23 04:42:52 CEST 2010

thanks Marc, thanks Piotr.

so the persistent only works when restart gentally use varnishadm, right? i
will check that.

but we want to use varnish in our production environment,  and we cache lots
of objects. so what we need is if there's power outage or something happened
and varnish need to restart, we don't want varnish to recache again and that
will be big impact to backend.

we are now using 100+ squid nodes and want to move to varnish since it might
have better performance and we can reduce the server number. but if
persistent storage does not work, we can not use it.