Clever Redirect

Stewart Robinson stewsnooze at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 10:32:35 CEST 2010

Hi,

You would probably have each backend defined

backend a_particular_backend {
  .host = "74.200.73.185";
  .port = "81";
}

backend a_spectacular_backend {
  .host = "74.200.73.186";
  .port = "81";
}

Then you could probably do something in the vcl_recv function

for instance

sub vcl_recv {
 if ( req.url == "a_particular_backend") {
	set req.backend = a_particular_backend;
        set req.url = "/somepage.xml";
  } else if (req.url == "a_spectacular_backend") {
	set req.backend = a_spectacular_backend;
        set req.url = "/somepage.xml";
}

e.t.c.

Will this work?