how small can I make the thread stack size?

Chris Hecker checker at d6.com
Wed Jul 28 08:02:50 CEST 2010

I'm on CentOS 5.5 32-bit (I know, I know), and I'm wondering how small I
can make my thread stacks and still be safe.  The defaul was 10mb, but
I've been running at 1mb for a few weeks and it's been fine, but it
would be nice to get it down even farther.  I haven't been hit really
hard yet, though.  I've seen people talking about 256kb, but then the
docs are pretty sketchy on whether it's a good idea to change it at all,
etc.

Any advice?

Thanks,
Chris