varnish constant hdd write

Alex F alex at acasa.ro
Wed Jun 9 09:53:48 CEST 2010

SSD would be a good choice indeed. But not possible right now.
I searched about malloc and see that it is used mostly when one has much
available RAM. My current system only has 4GB and there is no hope on
upgrading.
My highest peak on cached objects was 126.000 (with 1 day TTL) and
highest Virtual Mem allocated 2.1GB.
Available RAM right now is at 1.6GB, but I'd say 1GB given the fact that
apache+resin+lighttpd also reside on this machine.

Now if I configure Varnish to use malloc 1GB, it only has 1GB to store
objects, right?