a couple of questions about -spersistent

Ken Brownfield kb+varnish at slide.com
Thu Jun 17 20:56:46 CEST 2010

Even with a graceful stop via the CLI, I've never had any data retained after a parent restart.  And even after a day of operation (which should result in many closed segments, though I don't know what the "max segment size" is) and a graceful shut, nothing is preserved.

Every restart of the parent shows:

CHK(0x7f520fa2b080 SILO 0x7f51cf3e0000 SILO) = 3

Which means the silo is reinitialized from scratch.  From my cursory scan of storage_persistent.c (long ago) I didn't see code to do a reload of the relevant data structures.

Is it possible to create a unit test for this, where the child is shut down in a way that properly flushes non-full segments?  I'd be willing to write one as a starting point.
--
Ken