Byte range and varnish

Jean-Francois Laurens pavionove at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 17 14:53:15 CEST 2010

Hi,

I'm running varnish 2.0.6 under centos 5.4:

varnish-libs-2.0.6-2.el5
varnish-2.0.6-2.el5

I'm setting up a media server and would like to use varnish for caching some of the heavily requested medias (mp3, mp4 ... ).

I've a few questions regarding media broadcasting with varnish.

mp3: progressive download is used in order to read mp3 from the webpages, is it foreseen to have a function to would allow providing the media before it gets completely retrieved by varnish from the backend ?

mp4: how is handled Accept-range field in the header, does varnish supports it ?
Trying to retrieve a mp4 file from apache  gives me the following response:
HTTP/1.1 200 OK