Weird situation with unexpected 206 from the backend, hit-for-pass and default_ttl

Thomas Parmelan tom+varnish at ankh.fr.eu.org
Mon Mar 1 20:13:05 CET 2010

Le lundi 01 mars 2010 à 12:58, d'après
Thomas Parmelan <tom+varnish at ankh.fr.eu.org> :

> > What happens if you set obj.cacheable to true and ttl to 1s if the
> > response is a 206?  Does that work?
>
> I will give it a try with 2.0.6 and report the result.

Nope, doesn't change a thing.

> Will do the purge/default_ttl test again.

Ok I found the explanation for this one: my purge command was "purge
req.http.host == img.s-sfr.fr && req.url == /foo/bar", but in vcl_recv I
change req.http.host to rewrite Host so that the backend recognize it.
If I do the purge with the "corrected" req.http.host, the hit-for-pass
is purged as expected. (this test was on 2.0.6, if it matters).

--
Thomas Parmelan  -+-  Thomas.Parmelan at free.fr  -+-  tom at ankh.fr.EU.org