Cache size

Martin Boer martin.boer at netclever.nl
Tue Mar 16 08:09:27 CET 2010

Ketil,

If the server has enough diskspace it doesn't really matter.
I use 15GB as that is the free space of the largest disk partition on my
smallish server.
I'd suggest you just start using and finetuning varnish. And if you can
spare the diskspace,
don't be shy about it. Just throw a lot at varnish.

You might or might not want to cache everything, might want to cache the
same content multiple times for several browsertypes, might want to
cache some stuff only for an hour while other stuff for ages and ages.
All these things will affect the amount of cache you use.

Varnish will increase performance from your current webserver(s), so
you've won already. :)

Regards,
Martin