Future of ESI in Varnish

Per Buer perbu at varnish-software.com
Fri Mar 19 09:39:39 CET 2010

Hi.

On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 6:39 AM, Paras Fadte <plfgoa at gmail.com> wrote:

> Wanted to know as to what is the future of development of ESI in varnish ?
> Is it something which will be continued and would include new features as
> time goes by ? Or is it something which will always have a very low priority
> in varnish project?

I think expansion of ESI will be crucial in the years to come. Varnish
already has an important role as a pure web accelerator. If the ESI
implementation can be expanded to include some conditionals and cookie
handling it will be a very powerfull tool for web development.

So, ESI will be high on my agenda when persistence and gzip are more or less
under control. We'll know more about this after the user group meeting.

BTW: If someone feels up to the task of doing professional development on
Varnish on a project-by-project basis, undertaking tasks as expanding the
ESI support, please get in touch with me.

--
Per Andreas Buer,  CEO, Varnish Software AS
Phone: +47 21 54 41 21 / Mobile: +47 958 39 117 / skype: per.buer