Tracking down sporadic 503 errors

Torrance torrance123 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 21:20:25 CEST 2010

Hi Justin,

I had a similar problem with receiving fairly consistent 503 errors on
POST requests. In my case, the 503 errors were returning generally in
less than a second, despite my having set the various timeout limits to
be substantially higher. If it's the same problem, then it's possibly
not a timeout problem.

I wrote to the list earlier this year and posted some logs [1], but was
asked to post a tcpdump of all communications for further investigation
which was (is) beyond my skills.

I hope you have more success resolving this,
Torrace

[1]
http://lists.varnish-cache.org/pipermail/varnish-misc/2010-February/003799.html