Varnish 2.1 RPM form Redhat

Vladimir vlists at veus.hr
Wed Mar 31 14:06:08 CEST 2010

I just built those myself. All you need to do is put varnish-2.1.tar.gz is
install rpm-build package then put varnish-2.1.tar.gz in
/usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/ then

tar -xvf varnish-2.1.tar.gz varnish-2.1/redhat/varnish.spec

edit the varnish.spec file to say 2.1 instead of 2.0.7. Then

rpmbuild -bb varnish-2.1/redhat/varnish.spec

That should build the packages for you. One note is that for whatever
reason make check fails on any machine I have tried this on so only way I
could get it going was to take out everything from %check to %install and
rebuild. Anyone else encounter this issue ?