Using Varnish to accelerate CouchDB

Per Buer perbu at varnish-software.com
Sun Nov 7 10:12:04 CET 2010

On Sun, Nov 7, 2010 at 10:00 AM, Karel Minařík <karel.minarik at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am sorry to ask the same dumb questions over and over, but does it mean,
> that Varnish does not work in ETags, ie. does not support "Validation" type
> of caching as opposed to "Expiration" caching in the sense of Ryan Tomayko's
> article [http://tomayko.com/writings/things-caches-do] ?

Varnish only supports ETags "in front" that is, only when a client
sends us an ETag will we respons correctly. Towards the backend Etags
are not supported although I think there are patches floating around
that might address that. If I recall correctly Slink and some
Rackspace people where eager to see ETags in Varnish.

--
Per Buer,  Varnish Software
Phone: +47 21 98 92 61 / Mobile: +47 958 39 117 / skype: per.buer