Using Varnish to accelerate CouchDB

Rob S rtshilston at gmail.com
Sun Nov 7 11:28:55 CET 2010

On 07/11/2010 09:00, Karel Minařík wrote:
>  It was my impression that Varnish could be configured to eg. deal
> with concurrent 100 requests to some resource and "accumulate" them,
> eg. not send them all to the backend.

Yes - I believe that's right.  If a request is received for a slow
object which is not in cache, and whilst that's being generated by the
backend additional clients request the same object, then all requests
are aggregated.

I think you'll need to look at the documentation around the 'grace'
values to tune this to behave exactly as you want.

Rob