Yet another Ganglia module for Varnish

Lars Kellogg-Stedman lars at oddbit.com
Tue Nov 9 22:23:31 CET 2010

I was looking for a metrics module for gmond that used the Python
module interface, rather than calling gmetric (because the module
interface can provide some additional metadata about metrics), and
didn't find anything...so I wrote my own.  It's available here, if
anyone finds it useful:

  https://github.com/larsks/ganglia-plugin-varnish

The good:

- It will generate a configuration for you automatically.
- It tries to identify the metric types (count vs. rate) automatically

The bad:

- Not much in the way of error checking right now.
- Only used in a very small environment.