503 due to content-length error? microwave issue?

Alan Dixon alan.g.dixon at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 15:55:43 CET 2010

Okay, here's the answer: the problem was solved by the user's ISP:
they just lowered the MTU.

Conclusion: adding varnish can create subtle network problems [not
unique to varnish - also true of any front end proxy or ssl].

Not varnish's fault or problem, but good to know, and would be even
better if it were easier to debug.

 - Alan