Grace Mode Questions

Vincent Wells cooltechemail at gmail.com
Sun Nov 14 16:08:58 CET 2010

Hi Poul-Henning

Thank you for your reply. I know it is TTL+grace. The questions is if grace
is much longer than TTL, does it mean varnish will keep multiple expired
copies of the same objected instead of the most recent one? In case an old
object needs to be used (for example, saintmode), which expired copy will be
used? Will it be the most recent one?

I am asking this because I want to set grace longer so I can show the
end-user something in case of backend server error. However, I am worried
that:
1) a long grace will fill up the memory (will it?)
2) older objects will be used even if there are newer (but expired) objects
available. (how expired objects are used?)

Thanks,

Vincent