pass user IP to file

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Tue Nov 30 13:52:59 CET 2010

Hi

Is it a single file, or does each user get their own file (just curious) ?

One way or the other you will need to be sure that the file request is passed to the backend and that the results are always honored. These setups can be a big pain with a cache, since the cache does not know much about who is and who is not logged in. It will server stuff when it's not supposed to. It can block (as you have seen) the keep alive. If this is for occasional use, you might consider a separate path to the backend for this stuff that goes around the cache. I do it by looking at the requested URL's and deciding that it's a "don't bother with the cache" sort of request.

Bob