Centos/RHEL init script - reload/configtest

Simon Lyall simon at darkmere.gen.nz
Thu Oct 14 04:41:22 CEST 2010

I'm using the RHEL/Centos packages ( varnish-2.1.3 SVN 5049:5055 ) and I
notice that the init.d script doesn't have a way to reload a new config
without restarting the daemon (and losing the current cache).

Looking around I came across the following version:

http://cvs.pld-linux.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/packages/varnish/varnish.init?rev=1.20;content-type=text%2Fplain

which appears to impliment config checking and reloading of new configs.
Looks like it would be easy enough to adapt.

Just wondering if anyone else has already done this and if so could they
share (and perhaps if the official packages could include)?

Assuming this is actually a good idea of course.

--
Simon Lyall  |  Very Busy  |  Web: http://www.darkmere.gen.nz/
"To stay awake all night adds a day to your life" - Stilgar | eMT.